Monday, December 20, 2010

Entry Seven: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt, New Deal and Fireside chats

March 1933,

Dear Diary,
Everyone has been happy that President Hoover has became our Ex-president. Now my dad wrote us a letter telling us that he had voted for Franklin D. Roosevelt. The president and his wife Eleanor have been visiting lots of the working class. I can't believe that my dad got to met Franklin and Eleanor. Everyone has been talking about the New Deal, which is suppose to give lots of jobs and secure the money in the bank. Our President seems to secure and helpful I'm ready to see what he can do to help us. Eleanor is the eyes and ears of Franklin since he has trouble of walking since he had polio. But you could tell that she loves him it's so romantic. I'm hoping my dad could get some work from the new deal since it could help him come home fast. Plus with the new deal it could also give benefits to many other people. I also hope that people support President Roosevelt, because I feel that his going to try to help us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment